Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for my new house mates and they really liked it. Tastes good with ciabatta to dip in the chili.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes (or 2-3 fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 dried chili, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- Fry up the onion in some olive oil until clear (medium heat).
- Add the red pepper and fry until soft.
- Add tomatoes and spices and bring to a simmer.
- Add beans.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- OR skip steps 2-5 and put everything in a crock pot. Don't forget to fry the onions first otherwise they will stay hard.