Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
These can be frozen before baking. Thaw them in the refrigerator, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add a salad and you have a great meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 flour tortillas
- Saute onion in oil, just until softened. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine the black beans and refried beans in a bowl. Combine both types of cheeses in a separate bowl.
- Place 6 tablespoons or 1/10th of the beans and about 2 tablespoons of cheese in a tortilla. Roll it up and place it in and ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish. Repeat with all 10 tortillas.
- Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
These were good and easy!!! Best of all......I had everything right at home for them :). I thought the tomato sauce didn't taste right when tasting it out of the pan, but it tasted great over the top of the burritos.
These were really good! I scaled the recipe down for 2, using 2 whole grain tortillas. I just used 1 can of vegetarian beans, mashing half. I used a mix of Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese. Thanks for a yummy dinner! Made for Newest Zaar tag.