- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon green chili sauce (have no idea what this is, nor did I venture to find out. I used garlic tabasco sauce)
- 2 tablespoons white cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor puree above.
- Refrigerate covered and chill for 30 minutes (Now you can go do some exercise.).
- Make 6 cakes out of mixture about 1/2" thick.
- Put 1/4 Cup of cornmeal on a plate and coat the 6 cakes.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Use some of that spray stuff. Cook the cakes until browned on the bottom. Spray the tops. Flip and brown the other side.
- Spoon 1/4 cup salsa per cake onto a plate and put cake on top.