My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers or 4 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed (8-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until the onion is tender.
- 2Add the beans; mash about half of the beans with the back of a wooden spoon.
- 3Add the tomato sauce, cumin, jalapenos, salt, and pepper.
- 4Simmer for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened slightly.
- 5Stir in the coriander.
- 6Spread 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture down the center of each tortilla; then roll up the tortilla.
- 7Arrange rolled up tortillas, seam side down in the large baking dish, and sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the burritos.
- 8Bake, covered with foil at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- 9Serve with guacamole and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean Burrito Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.6
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 750.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 22.5 g