Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers or 4 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed (8-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in oil until the onion is tender.
- Add the beans; mash about half of the beans with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato sauce, cumin, jalapenos, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thickened slightly.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture down the center of each tortilla; then roll up the tortilla.
- Arrange rolled up tortillas, seam side down in the large baking dish, and sprinkle cheese evenly over the top of the burritos.
- Bake, covered with foil at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with guacamole and salsa.