Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
Burrito ingredients -- flavorful rice, beans, tomatoes, corn, cilantro and lettuce -- without a tortilla, layered in individual bowls or in a casserole dish
- 29.58 ml Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 236.59 ml chopped red onion, divided
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 473.18 ml brown rice, uncooked
- 2 (453.59 g) can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 828.06 ml water
- 19.71 ml ground ancho chili peppers
- 6.16 ml ground cumin, divided
- 425.24 g can Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 283.49 g can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, and chilies. drained
- 118.29 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 354.88 ml shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 473.18 ml shredded romaine lettuce
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2/3 cup of the onion and the garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, ground chile and 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place both beans, drained tomatoes, corn, the remaining onion, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and the remaining cumin in large bowl. Mix well; set aside.
- When rice is done, stir in salt. Divide hot rice mixture among 8 individual bowls or spread in 13x9-inch dish. Top with cheese, lettuce and bean mixture. Serve immediately and top each serving with sour cream.
Awesome vegetarian meal. I saved the drained tomato juice and replaced some the water used to cook the rice. I used the hot variety of rotel so had a great heat. I heated the tomatoes, corn, and beans as a personal preference.