Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A versatile dish with southwest flavor that can be stuffing for your burritos or a hearty dip for tortillas. Vegetarian and delicious! My family has been known to eat this wrapped in floured tortillas, on tortilla chips, and even piled over a thick slice of toasted bread and eaten with a fork!
- 425.24 g can kidney beans (cannellini)
- 425.24 g can black beans
- 425.24 g can sweet corn (not cream style)
- 425.24 g candiced peeled tomatoes
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese
- 354.88 ml instant rice
- 113.39 g fat free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To 2 quart baking dish add the black beas,kidney beans, corn, tomatoes. (Drain all except the tomatoes.).
- Sprinkle over the top all of the spices. Then add the cheese and rice.
- Mix well so the rice is dampened by the tomato juices.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add 4 oz fat free sour cream. Mix so it is evenly distributed through the dish.
- Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool only briefly before serving unless you intend to use as a dip. In this case serve it warm but not hot.
I think this recipe has potential, but as is, it was not for us. I followed the recipe. It was pretty bland and the rice was still crunchy. Sorry.
This is very good and very easy to make. It is so versatile. A great quick meal for a busy weeknight!