Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A versatile dish with southwest flavor that can be stuffing for your burritos or a hearty dip for tortillas. Vegetarian and delicious! My family has been known to eat this wrapped in floured tortillas, on tortilla chips, and even piled over a thick slice of toasted bread and eaten with a fork!
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn (not cream style)
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced peeled tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 4 ounces fat free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To 2 quart baking dish add the black beas,kidney beans, corn, tomatoes. (Drain all except the tomatoes.).
- Sprinkle over the top all of the spices. Then add the cheese and rice.
- Mix well so the rice is dampened by the tomato juices.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add 4 oz fat free sour cream. Mix so it is evenly distributed through the dish.
- Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Allow to cool only briefly before serving unless you intend to use as a dip. In this case serve it warm but not hot.