A versatile dish with southwest flavor that can be stuffing for your burritos or a hearty dip for tortillas. Vegetarian and delicious! My family has been known to eat this wrapped in floured tortillas, on tortilla chips, and even piled over a thick slice of toasted bread and eaten with a fork!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn (not cream style)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 4 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2To 2 quart baking dish add the black beas,kidney beans, corn, tomatoes. (Drain all except the tomatoes.).
- 3Sprinkle over the top all of the spices. Then add the cheese and rice.
- 4Mix well so the rice is dampened by the tomato juices.
- 5Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and add 4 oz fat free sour cream. Mix so it is evenly distributed through the dish.
- 7Return to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- 8Allow to cool only briefly before serving unless you intend to use as a dip. In this case serve it warm but not hot.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean Burrito Bake
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 219.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 12.2 g