Recipe by Stacia_
Quick and easy and cheap to make. A great way to use up bits of this and that sitting in the frig and a nice change from “leftovers soup”.
- 1 (15 ounce) can beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked beans
- 3⁄4 cup toasted breadcrumb
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash season salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash soul seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix above ingredients and form into 4-6 patties.
- Brown in a drizzle of oil on both sides in an ovenproof skillet. Finish off in a 375F oven for 10 – 15 minutes. Serve on a whole grain bun with toppings of your choice.
- Extra goodies can be leftover brown rice, corn, any leftover bits of vegetables that you might otherwise put into soup. All vegetables should be precooked.
- Your mixture should be moist but still able to form into patties. Once they are browned on the first side, they will be easier to handle. These don’t shrink like meat so make them in sizes to fit your buns.