Recipe by LadyLaura
From "Eat to Live"
Top Review by nemokitty
The taste is good in this recipe but the patties didn't hold together at all. I think it needed more liquid. As it was, I mashed most of the beans and doubled the ketchup and they fell apart. I will try this again because we really liked the taste. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups red beans, canned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the sunflower seeds in a food processor.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and form the patties.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until you can pick up each patty and compress it firmly in your hand to reform the burger.
- Cook for another 15 minutes on each side.