Recipe by muncheechee
Someone in my family found this recipe on a can of Bush's pinto beans many years ago and it has been a beloved family favorite ever since. I always add some chili powder to my bowl to make it more like a spicy chili. Make plenty because the this one is even better re-heated.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (41 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans
- 4 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in hot Dutch oven or large skillet. Drain well.
- Push to one side of pan; add butter and saute celery and onion a few minutes.
- Stir into meat and add remaining ingredients.
- Heat to a simmer, cover and cook slowly 30 minutes or longer.