Recipe by GrammaJeanne
I came up with this when my kids were small and very picky. It was a great way to get protein into them. Bean with Bacon soup, lean ground beef, cheese, and macaroni make up the base of this kid pleasing casserole. At 29, my son still asks for it!
Top Review by Chef -Wannabe
Boy, if you're a cheese lover, this is great. My kids loved it. I was a little nervous about the bean soup, but it really went well with the flavor. I followed the directions exactly and it came out great. Be sure to let it rest after baking or it falls apart (my bad). Held together fine after it rested, but I was too impatient to wait. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for a great kid friendly recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef (I use ground sirloin)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked as directed on pkg
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground beef and drain well.
- In same pan, add soup, mustard and ketchup; stir until well blended.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions in salted water to al dente. Drain.
- Layer in 3 quart casserole dish, starting with half the hamburger mixture, then half the pasta, then half the cheese. You should get 2 layers of each.
- Mix egg and milk and pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with paprika. (optional).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
- *Note: If you are in a big hurry, this works just as well to mix everything together (eliminate layering) on stove top. It's not as pretty, but tastes just as good.