Recipe by dicentra
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes. I would serve this with tomato soup. They serve it with a corn and bean soup.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 7 ounces canned great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Process beans and milk in food processor or blender until almost smooth; add to flour mixture and mix just until dough comes together.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 until light brown, about 12 minutes.