Recipe by DuChick
A Pillsbury favorite...team up beans and assorted veggies for a tasty non-meat burger.
Top Review by tarab5
These had a nice flavor, but they were really soft, even after refrigerating overnight. The beans confused me... I bought the 19-oz can and began measuring out 2 cups only to discover the entire can was just barely two cups. So I had to use the whole can, but the recipe implies that you should only use part of the can. This made 4 incredibly huge patties... I think this should really make 6 patties. I will continue my quest for the perfect veggie burger recipe.
- 2 cups red kidney beans, drained, rinsed (from 19-oz can)
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 hamburger buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor bowl with metal blade, combine beans, oats, mushrooms, onion, carrot, bell pepper, garlic, ketchup and salt; process with on/off pulses until coarsely chopped. DO NOT PUREE.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Spray broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place patties on sprayed pan.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until patties are thoroughly heated, turning once.
- Place lettuce, tomato slices and patties on bottom halves of buns.
- If desired, top with ketchup or mustard.
- Cover with top halves of buns.