Jessie B's Note:
Delicious and easy. Low Calorie, good vegetarian meal!!! My fiancee found this recipe in a Vegetarian Cookbook, but I have made a few alterations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped radish
- 1/4 cup ripe olives
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup firmly packed parsley sprig
- 1 medium yellow onion (Halved)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
red chili sauce
- 1Combine 1 cup of pepper jack cheese and next 4 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
- 2Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add garbanzo beans and garlic. Process bean mixture 1 minute, or until smooth.
- 3Add parsley sprigs, one half of the onion, lemon juice, and cumin; process 10 seconds or until onion is minced, scraping sides of processor bowl occasionally.
- 4Place 4 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with one-eighth of bean mixture; top with one eighth of the cheese mixture. Repeat with remaining tortillas, bean mixture, and cheese mixture, ending with the 4 remaining tortillas. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of pepper jack cheese evenly over the stacks.
- 5Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cut each in half. Garnish with the pepper rings, if desired. Serve with red Chile Sauce.
- 6Red Chile Sauce:.
- 7Wash the chili; remove stem, seeds and veins. Place chili in a bowl; add boiling water to cover. Let stand 15 minutes or until chili is soft; drain and coarsely chop.
- 8Position knife blade in the food processor bowl; add chili, onion, and garlic. Pulse 4 or 5 times or until finely chopped. Add tomatoes, cumin, and hot sauce; process 1 minute or until smooth. Yield: 2 cups.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Vegetable Tortilla Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 389.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried red chili peppers