Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you, its a lot of canned beans and spices. My Husband goes Deer Hunting, actually camping (he is the cook) and I sent a giant pot of this for all the guys-it was a big hit. It smells so good and can be very spicy, so be careful with the jalapenos-(I used sliced in the jar.) I always make this after Thanksginving with leftover turkey.I usually double the recipe and use full cans.
- 2 cups chopped turkey breast
- 2 cups peeled chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 1 cup drained rinsed red kidney beans
- 1 cup drained rinsed garbanzo beans (canned)
- 1 cup drained rinsed pinto beans (canned)
- 1 cup drained rinsed black beans (canned)
- 1 cup frozen corn (or canned)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 seeded chopped jalapenos
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Can Freeze.
Good soup for a cold day! Be sure to serve with some hearty cornbread. I took Melody's advice and doubled the recipe, freezing the leftovers. Spicy, in fact I would cut back the chili powder and curry since I thought it overpowered the other ingredients all of which I quite like. BUT it also was a great way to hide some leftover turkey. Thanks for sharing your recipe!