In 'The Best Recipes in the World' by Mark Bittman; Italy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked white beans, like cannellini
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, preferably packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery leaves, for garnish
- 1Drain the beans, if necessary.
- 2Put the tuna in a bowl and flake with a fork, then stir in the beans.
- 3Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the salad, add the onion, and toss well.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, then taste and add more olive oil, lemon juice, salt, or pepper as needed.
- 5Garnish and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Tuna Salad
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 32.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 21.4 g