Recipe by pmgluck
A simple and easy to make hearty soup recipe I tossed together one rainy day with just a few things I happened to have on hand. It rivals many soups made from scratch in both flavor and satisfaction...yet, even a young child can combine these ingredients and follow the simple directions and perhaps amaze their Mom or Dad at mealtime. Ready in just 20 to 25 minutes...easy clean-up too! ...just one pot! Hearty enough to be a main dish too.
- 1 lb Polish sausage or 1 lb your favorite mild uncooked sausage
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (28 ounce) canbean with bacon condensed soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole new potatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole sweet whole kernel corn or 15 ounces frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken or 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth or 2 bullion cubes and 16 oz. water
- enough additional water or stock, to reach the desired chowder like consistency
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil one cup of raw elbow macaroni in 4 cups of water until tender, about 8 minutes -- drain and set aside. Prepare all other items for soup pot. Coarse chop and then saute sausage in bottom of pot until cooked through. Add a bit of oil if needed -- Open all cans reserving all liquids to add to soup. Dice potatoes and combine all ingredients except macaroni into pot and bring to a simmer. Cook until heated through -- about 15 minutes. Add pre-cooked elbow macaroni. Add more water if needed. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serves 10 or more as a soup course or 8 as a main dish when you add a crusty artisan bread to compliment. Freezes well in individual covered soup ramikens.