Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I like this recipe because it tastes like hummus but doesn't require you to have tahini.
Top Review by Bryan Stefan
Excellent recipe, makes capital hummus with a nice, creamy consistency. Ironically, I finally found the tahini in my grocery store the day after I tried this. Right next to the matzoh balls and Shabbat candles, not in the Mediterranean section where I expected it... Anyway, I'll definitely hold on to this recipe in order to keep costs down. Thanks a lot!
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans, drained and liquid reserved
- 118.29 ml sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place reserved bean liquid, the sesame seed and garlic in food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until mixed.
- Add the beans, lemon juice and salt. Cover and process on high speed, stopping occasionally to scrape sides, if necessary, until smooth.
- Serve as a spread with wedges of pita bread, crackers or raw vegetables.