Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Aunt came up with this recipe and my family loves it! Great for a quick, warm meal. Goes well with warm, homemade corn bread.
- 1 (1 lb) package kielbasa (more if you are making for a large group)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can rotel
- 3 (14 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- Slice the links in half and then cut into pieces (moon shaped - about a 1/2 inch thick)
- Brown the links with the onion. You can add a small amount of oil if necessary.
- Add the stewed tomatoes ( often needs more chopping) and blackeyed peas. Do NOT drain the peas. You can mix it up by changing the peas to kidney beans or great northern beans, or any beans really - or a combination of all. Just make sure to have 3 cans. And do NOT drain.
- If you want to add more spices now is the time. Although I don't believe it's needed.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until flavors blend.