Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Southern Living Slow Cooker cookbook.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, fat free
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, diced, undrained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped, undrained
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, chopped, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, minced
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 18 ounces tortilla chips
- Place first 11 ingredients in a 4 quart slow cooker; stir well. Cover with lid; cook on low for 2 to 4 hours. Turn slow cooker off; stir in cilantro. Sprinkle cheese over dip; cover and let stand 5 minutes or till cheese melts (do not stir). Serve with tortilla chips.
Luv this dip -- can't believe how easy it is to make; not to mention, it tastes great! Definitely a keeper - great dish for football games at the house or for any occasion. The great thing is that it is a slow cooker recipe so you just throw it all together and it cooks on its own. Made for the AUS/NZ Make My Recipe tag, January, 2012.