Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I got this recipe from a friend, I could make a meal on it. Now I can't have corn, so may try it without corn. I really miss it.
- 709.77 ml cooked white rice, cooled
- 453.59 g can kidney beans, drained
- 354.88 ml frozen corn kernels (I sometimes use canned)
- 4-5 chopped green onions
- 59.14 ml pickled jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 78.07 ml light olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cumin
- In large bowl mix rice, beans corn, green onion, and jalapenos.
- In small bowl mix remaining ingredients until sugar is dissolved. Toss together and let stand at room temperature 4 hours.
This is a great make-ahead dish for lunch or as a side dish for dinner. I added a cup of halved cherry tomatoes which I found in another bean and rice recipe, they added color and extra flavor. This salad will last my husband and myself for four days and will definitely go into my lunch recipe rotation.
Wow! What a wonderful medley of flavors - sweet/sour/hot/smokey! I made it exactly as written, doubling everything to give me a BIG batch for a potluck. Good thing I made a bunch because my "sample" turned into a bowl full ;-) Will absolutely save this one to my "must make again" list. Thanks so much for sharing this incredible recipe!
This is one of my favorite bean salads! It has great flavor and the longer it set's the better it get's. I use to have it at summer parties many years ago. It seem to be the same in taste and color.