- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 onion, minced fine
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice (simmering on low heat for 1 hour in 3 cups water).
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Add cooked brown rice to bowl; mix well.
- Put mixture into a large casserole dish, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes; cover for last 10 minutes.