Recipe by TXOLDHAM
This comes from a 2006 issue of Light & Tasty (now called Healthy Cooking) I am trying to clean out magazines and this one is no longer on their web site and I want to save.
- 1 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1⁄4 reduced-sodium chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- In a large non-stick pan, saute the celery, carrots, onion and garlic in oil. Stir in the water, tomatoes, broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the carrots are done.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the vegetable mixture. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.