Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
added for photo tag
- 2 large leeks
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil, shaken with
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 large head broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 3⁄4 cups gravox real beef stock or 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup canned borlotti beans or 1 cup romano beans or 1 cup broad bean, rinsed
- chopped basil or parsley, to serve
- Discard roots and most of the green from leeks. Split lengthwise, and then wash, chop and allow to dry.
- Heat butter and oil mixture in a large saucepan. Add leeks and saute until softened, but not browned, saving a few spoonfuls of cooked leeks to garnish.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry until bright green. Add stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat and season. Simmer for 30 minutes, adding more water as required. Reserve spoonfuls of beans to serve.
- Strain vegie and stock mixture into a bowl, reserving liquid. Blend cooked vegies and beans. Add 2 ladles of reserved liquid and puree until smooth. Add remaining liquid and blend, adding a little extra stock if soup is too thick. Reheat soup and serve topped with reserved leeks and beans, and chopped herbs.