Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this recipe so much I lost the cookbook and rebought it just for this. The cumin seeds and kumara really are a fantastic addition to a nachos. You could probably cut back a bit on the cheese for a lower-fat version. For a non-vegetarian version, add 1 cup chopped cooked chicken. I can't thank Womens Weekly enough for their recipes.
- 650 g kumara, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small fresh chili pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 410 g tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green capsicum, chopped
- 310 g red kidney beans, rinse, drained
- 200 g corn chips
- 250 g grated tasty cheese
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 125 ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- Combine kumara, 1 tablespoon of the oil and seeds in baking dish, bake, uncovered, in moderate oven about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Heat the remaining oil in pan, add onion, garlic, chilli and paprika, cook until onion is soft. Add undrained crushed tomatoes and peppers, simmer, covered, 5 minutes; stir in beans.
- Divide corn chips between 4 ovenproof dishes. Top with bean mixture, then kumara, sprinkle with cheese.
- bake uncovered, in moderate ovent about 10 minutes or until hot. Serve with avocado, sour cream and coriander.