- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups kale, fresh with stems removed torn into pieces
- 1 ham hock
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 large red potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- cayenne, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil in a large pot and saute onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Ham hock and kale, saute until kale starts to wilt and turn bright green. Add spices and liquid and bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beans being careful not to break them up and cook until potatoes are tender.
- Serve- its great topped with some parmesan and some crusty bread.