Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Some people like to use Doritos instead of Fritos for this salad. Whichever chip you use, this salad goes great with Mexican food or barbecue.
- 1 head lettuce, torn in small pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, rinsed & drained (kidney beans)
- chopped green onion
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- Mix all ingredients together, except don't add Fritos and dressing until just before serving.
This reminded me of a taco salad, but better. This serves 4 if you're eating it for a meal, more if it's just a salad accompanying something else. It's very filling. I used grape tomatoes instead of dicing regular ones. Yum yum yum.
SO GOOD!!! My mother in law brought this to my son's 1st birthday party and it was a big hit! It's nice and refreshing for the summer, and it tastes great!