Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh my goodness, these burritos turned out so good. I invented this recipe last night wanting to prepare breakfast burritos for my husband and grandson. It was getting late, so I wanted to fix something quick and easy but tasty. These filled the bill perfectly. I'd like to add here that I needed to prepare these without being spicy. If I'd been making them for me and my daughter, I would add some of several possibilites such as chopped green chilis, salsa, onion, garlic; any number of options you can think of. I'll write up this recipe as I prepared them, but add whatever you like - go wild! I believe these burritos would be perfect for OAMC.
- Rinse and drain pinto beans.
- Add to large skillet and mash.
- Heat over medium to medium-low heat.
- Add chicken bouillon.
- Add water to bring to the consistency you desire.
- Once beans are simmering, add eggs.
- Break eggs and gently fold into beans.
- Continue to cook and fold eggs into beans. Do not beat eggs into beans.
- Cook until eggs are set to your liking.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat flour tortillas on a comal or heavy skillet, between 1 and 2 minutes per side until brown spots appear.
- Remove tortilla to a sheet of waxed paper.
- Add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of egg/bean mixture to tortilla.
- Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- Add grated cheese.
- Fold burrito style.
- Serve immediately or package for breakfasts or lunches.