Happy Hippie's Note:
Oh my goodness, these burritos turned out so good. I invented this recipe last night wanting to prepare breakfast burritos for my husband and grandson. It was getting late, so I wanted to fix something quick and easy but tasty. These filled the bill perfectly. I'd like to add here that I needed to prepare these without being spicy. If I'd been making them for me and my daughter, I would add some of several possibilites such as chopped green chilis, salsa, onion, garlic; any number of options you can think of. I'll write up this recipe as I prepared them, but add whatever you like - go wild! I believe these burritos would be perfect for OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and drain pinto beans.
- 2Add to large skillet and mash.
- 3Heat over medium to medium-low heat.
- 4Add chicken bouillon.
- 5Add water to bring to the consistency you desire.
- 6Once beans are simmering, add eggs.
- 7Break eggs and gently fold into beans.
- 8Continue to cook and fold eggs into beans. Do not beat eggs into beans.
- 9Cook until eggs are set to your liking.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Heat flour tortillas on a comal or heavy skillet, between 1 and 2 minutes per side until brown spots appear.
- 12Remove tortilla to a sheet of waxed paper.
- 13Add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of egg/bean mixture to tortilla.
- 14Sprinkle with ground pepper.
- 15Add grated cheese.
- 16Fold burrito style.
- 17Serve immediately or package for breakfasts or lunches.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Egg Breakfast Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 229.4 mg
- Sodium 493.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g