1/2 Photos of Bean and Cornbread Casserole (Crock Pot)
3 hrs 15 mins
From the Rival Corporation
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1Lightly grease Crock-Pot.
- 2In a skillet over medium heat, cook onion and green bell pepper until tender.
- 3Transfer to Crock-Pot.
- 4Stir in kidney beans and pinto beans.
- 5Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings, and hot sauce.
- 6Cover and cook on High for 1 hour.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- 8Stir in milk, eggs, vegetable oil, and cream-style corn.
- 9Spoon evenly over bean mixture.
- 10Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 to 2 more hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Cornbread Casserole (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 737.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g