Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful combo of baked beans and cornbread topping. If I don't add the topping I bake the beans from 45 - 60 mins.
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage (I use a whole lb.)
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 3 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat over to 400.
- In lg. skillet over medium heat, melt 2 TB marg.
- Brown sausage lightly and place in bottom of casserole.
- To drippings in skillet, saute onions& peppers three minute.
- Add beans, catsup, honey and worcest. sauce, stirring to combine.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cornbread topping: Combine ingred. and stir til moistened.
- Spoon over casserole; return to oven and bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Very good! Made with hot dogs (what I had on-hand) and 1/2 c open pit 1/2 c catsup. Tasted like corn dogs, which we love! Thanks for a great recipe-easy with ingredients on hand!