This is one of my favorite cold taco salads. It's best prepared and served the same day.
Make and share this Bean and Chicken Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup spoonable thousand island dressing (or use more if desired)
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, lettuce, onion, beans, avocado and cheese. Toss to combine well.
- Add crushed chips-mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine taco seasoning, cilantro and Thousand Island dressing and stir well.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Yum..great tasty salad; i served the grilled chicken on the side.
My favorite recipes are quick, easy and delicious. This recipe falls into the favorite description. I used the suggestion from another reviewer and used Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix for the seasoning. Instead of mixing the seasoning with the dressing, I heated the meat slightly and added the seasoning directly to the meat. I served this delicious salad in Simple Tortilla Bowl for Taco Salad and topped it with salsa and sour cream. Thanks for posting. Reviewed for I Recommend... tag, May 2008
Oh gosh what a great salad I made this for a light dinner tonight and my DH and DS loved it, I increased the chicken and used Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix for the taco seasoning, although this is a salad it really filling, thanks for sharing Parsley!...Kitten