Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We are taco freaks - really looking forward to trying this recipe! From about.com's busy cooks site.
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 29.58 ml taco seasoning mix
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce with garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 510.29 g can cannellini beans, drained
- 24 taco shells
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In 3-4 quart crockpot, place chicken thighs and sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Top with chilies, tomato sauce, onion, chili powder, and drained beans. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks. Using potato masher, mash some of the beans in the crockpot. Return chicken to crockpot and mix well to blend.
- Make tacos with chicken filing, taco shells, and toppings.
my whole family loved this!! i used black beans instead of canellini because that is what I had and i added a can of corn. we ate them in soft tortillas. They were so good they didn't need cheese or sour cream!! but for leftovers added cheeses and sour cream and it was still great! Thank you for a great recipe!