Recipe by LizAnn
This is a kid pleaser recipe, especially served with ranch dressing for dipping. We often eat these for lunch along with chips and salsa. For a lower fat version, just microwave them instead of frying. They just lack the buttery crispy edges, but my kids still like them.
Top Tweak by Sandy M.
I keep a jar of jalapeño slices in the fridge always. I lightly chop a few of these and throw on the beans along with a Mexican blend of cheese for extra flavor. You can make with any size tortilla you have on hand and I like to use olive oil and my cast iron skillet.
- 8 12 inch tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (Rosarita)
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded and mixed together
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide each ingredient into four portions Spread 1/4 beans over tortilla, add 1/4 cheese, top with second tortilla, In large skillet, heat together 1tbs oil and 1 tbs butter over med heat.
- place assembled quesadilla into pan.
- Cook till bottom is browned then turn over and brown other side.
- Place on large plate and cool 1-2 min.
- cut into eight wedges with scissors.
- repeat three more times.
- Serve immediately.