Mark H.'s Note:
These are really quick and easy-to-make enchiladas. You can use both cans of beans, or cut back to one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans (Ranch Style is a brand. If not available in your area, use any brand of chili beans)
- 3 -4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese or 3 -4 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 1Completely, but lightly cover both sides of one tortilla with shortening (Don't be afraid to use your hands), then place the tortilla on a microwave-safe plate.
- 2Completely but lightly cover one side of the next tortilla and place it atop the first tortilla, shortening side up.
- 3Repeat Step 2 until all tortillas are stacked, then microwave the entire stack on high for about 4 minutes and allow to cool.
- 4Place shredded cheese in a bowl (if using diced onions, mix them in with the cheese now).
- 5Lightly cover the bottom of a baking dish (mine is 13x9, I think) with some of the juice from the beans (This will prevent the tortillas from becoming stiff and chewy as they cook).
- 6Place a generous portion of the cheese/onion mixture onto a tortilla, then roll the tortilla like a cigar (not too tight though).
- 7Place into the baking dish, seam side down to prevent the enchilada from unrolling.
- 8Repeat until all tortillas have been stuffed, rolled and placed into the baking dish.
- 9Cover the enchiladas with the beans and any leftover cheese/onion mixture.
- 10Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven.
- 11Allow to cool for 5 minutes, top with any, all, or none of the optional toppings, and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 1400.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 23.8 g