7 hrs 45 mins
In 'More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow' by Stephanie O'Dea
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can roasted green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas or 8 brown rice tortillas
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans (three 15-ounce cans, drained)
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- sour cream
- avocado, slices
- 1Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- 2In a mixing bowl, stir the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chiles, and spices together.
- 3Put a layer of tortillas (you may need to tear them to get a nice fit) in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- 4Add a scoop of the onion and tomato mixture, and layer on a healthy spoonful of beans and a handful of cheese.
- 5Top with more tortillas.
- 6Repeat two more times, finishing with a bunch of cheese on top.
- 7Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- 8Cut into slices and serve with the sour cream, salsa, and avocado slices.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Cheese Burrito Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 944.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted green chilies