Recipe by emily hauer
I made this up last night from things I had in the pantry. It's very thick and filling. I used the spices that I like, feel free to use what you think tastes good. Use vegetable broth or water to make it vegetarian.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
Exceptional soup. I added an extra tsp of chili powder and as suggested some chopped yellow and red peppers. I also added some kale. I made this in the rice cooker as well. Thanks for such an easy recipe.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup bulgur
- 5 -10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt