Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Quick and Healthy, an easy Mexican dish that can either be prepared by making a layered casserole, or by rolling enchiladas in the traditional way.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick coating.
- Add onion and ground meat.
- Cook until meat is done.
- Add next four ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick coating.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic to enchilada sauce.
- Pour 1/2 can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Follow one of the methods below for rolling or layering.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- LAYERED METHOD:.
- Cut the tortillas into strips.
- Follow this order: 1/3 of the tortilla strips, 1/2 of the bean mixture, 1/3 of tortillas, 1 can sauce, remainder of bean mixture, remainder of tortillas, remainder of sauce.
- ROLLED METHOD:.
- Place filling in each tortilla.
- Roll to enclose.
- Place seam side down on baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over top.
Great recipe! I used the rolled method and added some extra cheese. Made for Cinco de Mayo.
This was wonderful. I made it as a layered casserol and DH and I both enjoyed it very much. Made for Foot ball tag week 6.
I made this and it was great, however I just mixed some salsa in the beans and spread them on the shell and then topped them with the rest of the mixture! worked out perfect.