Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
After making this, I think it would be tasty with one sweet potato and one baking potato.
Make and share this Bean and Barley Soup for the Slow Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, white parts only, trimmed and sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 6 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley, rinsed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or until veggies are tender.
- This can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight in the crock, cooking as directed in the morning.