Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
Make and share this Bean and Barley Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable broth
- cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed potato
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients except barley, spinach, salt and pepper, in slow cooker; cover and cook on high 4-5 hours, adding spinach during last 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.