2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry navy beans, sorted and rinsed
- 6 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried parsley
- 1Place beans in a large pot, cover with water and soak overnight; drain and rinse.
- 2Add water, garlic, salt, pepper and bay leaf.
- 3Cover and simmer for 1½ hours.
- 4Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp; remove from pan and drain on paper towel.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Add onions and bell pepper to pan drippings; sauté until tender.
- 7Add to beans along with carrots.
- 8Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 9Add tomato sauce and parsley.
- 10Cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- 11Remove the bay leaf before serving with reserved bacon crumbled on top.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Bacon Soup #2
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 975.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g