Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very hearty, on a winter day.
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can bean with bacon soup (Campbell's preferred)
- 10 1⁄4 ounces water (one soup can)
- 3 -4 slices bacon, microwaved, well done, finely crushed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 3 pinches salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tomatoes, whole peeled, diced, drained
- black pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- Add the soup, tomato, water, oregano, marjoram, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic and tobasco sauce to a saucepan.
- Bring to a full roiling boil.
- Stir, and remove from heat.
- Cover, and place the soup on simmer.
- Add the crushed bacon, a single dash of worcestershire sauce, and 1 tsp of ketchup (Yes, ketchup!).
- Stir frequently.
- Simmer for 30-60 minutes .
- Serves one or two.
- Double the recipe for two.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, or bread, preferably warmed.