Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Saw this on mealsforyou.com and printed it out. It looks easy enough and I guess I'm a sucker for roasted red peppers, so here it is.
- 1⁄4 lb canned navy beans
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 ounces snow peas, halved
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- lettuce, torn into medium sized pieces
- 3 medium red peppers, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (white part only) (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse navy beans and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover pan and steam 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove potatoes and place snow peas in steamer basket, steam for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Cool potatoes and peas.
- Cook bacon in a dry pan, stirring occasionally, until browned. (** or roast the bacon; place on baking sheet, single spaced, and brown in 400ºF oven for about 15 minutes.).
- Remove to paper towel-lined plate and cool.
- Combine lettuce, beans, potatoes and snow peas and bacon in a bowl and toss well.
- Take quartered peppers and remove seeds and membranes.
- *Grill peppers in 400ºF oven, skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens. (About 20 to 25 minutes.).
- Peel off skin and discard.
- Process peppers until smooth.
- Combine peppers and next 3 ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- Taste both the salad and the dressing for seasoning, and add if needed.
- Sprinkle with onions, if desired and then drizzle salad with dressing and cheese.
Pretty darn good. There are a few steps to this salad but worth the effort. I stayed fairly close to the recipe, used alittle over 1 lb of potatoes which turned out to be 3 potatoes for me. For the dressing used 1/3 cup only & 2 Tbsp balsamic. Next time I will salt the potatoes only, there is enough salt with the added bacon. Quite different but tasty dish, thanks for sharing.