Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When you want a salad for the summer that is just a little bit different. But will still complement chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches and all those other summer main dishes try this. I found this on allrecipes.com, 2 years ago and passed it along to a friend, who in turn took it to a pot luck where the recipe was passed around again! Hope you enjoy this as much as we have.
- 10 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) cancooked kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain, cool and crumble bacon; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise and white sugar.
- In another bowl mix bacon, kidney beans, cabbage, celery, parsley and onion together, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mayo dressing mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
This a very different salad. I am not a bean salad fan, but this one I could eat again. With the delicious dressing this is a refreshing change from the same old slaw. This would be a great vegetarian dish to take to a potluck.