- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped or 3⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Slowly add sugar, one tablespoonful at a time, beating after each addition until the meringues stand in stiff peaks.
- Stir in vinegar and vanilla.
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- With a spatula, remove meringues immediately and place on a wire rack to cool.