Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my cousin and decided to nick name it Beachy Banana Bread due to the addition of coconut. It's a very delicious breakfast bread so I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Combine salt, baking soda, baking powder, flax seed and flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, butter and eggs in a mixer.
- Add mashed banana.
- Add flour mixture.
- Mix until integrated.
- Add coconut.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 50-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.