Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This desert is served at Disney's Beach Club Resort. Made with Milky Ways, pecans and chocolate chips....can you go wrong!? Warning : do not attempt to eat unless you own and extreme sweet tooth! :)
- 5 Milky Way bars
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- Grease and flour an angel food cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt candy bars with ½ cup of butter. Cream sugar with remaining ½ cup of butter of butter until light. Add candy and blend well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each. Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk and add alternately with flour to candy mixture, ending with flour. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into candy mixture and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Cool and frost with melted semi-sweet chocolate
This is actually the Milky Way Cake served at Beaches and Cream. Maybe I did something wrong (though I've never tried the original) but I didn't find it anything special. It was dense but moist - rather like a coffee cake. The original recipe is in the "Cooking With Mickey" cookbook.