Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wow, this is so DELICIOUS... has a very moist cake texture, but not sweet like cake. I loved it and asked for the recipe from my BIL who is a fabulous cook... thanks Warren!
- 1 cup plain cornmeal
- 1 cup sour cream, do not use fat free
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place a 10 inch square cake pan containing 1/2 cup oil in 375 degree oven. When oil is hot, pour oil into mixture.
- After thoroughly mixed, pour mixture into the pan just used to heat the oil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until brown around the edges. Serve immediately.
This is a delicious moist cornbread! When I mixed the ingredients together I was skeptical as it didn't seem that there was enough cornmeal to make a cake - I was expecting to add flour or something. However after the 40 minute baking time I was treated to a lovely cornbread with a firm crust and tender inside. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012
This was very good. I baked it for 30 minutes and it was done but would recommend to bake it longer until it is browned on top. Mine seemed a little oily and I think if it was baked longer it would have been perfect. Very moist, not like some dry corn breads. Thanks for sharing!