Recipe by LorenLou
These are a must for trips to the beach, but are completely demolished very quickly any time of year!
Top Review by Queer Eye in the Kitchen Guy
My mom has been making these for at least 30 years & calls them Special K bars. She melts a package of chocolate chips & a package of butterscotch chips & spreads over the top! YUM!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 6 cups kellogg Special K cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the Special K in the large bowl- set aside.
- Mix the sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, and add the peanut butter, stirring until peanut butter is melted.
- Pour over the cereal, mixing with wooden spoon.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Allow to cool.
- Store in airtight container or zip-lock bags (I use the 2-gallon size and try to"layer" them, including the wax paper in the bags so they don't stick together too much).