Prep 4 hrs
Cook 35 mins
This is from a copycat recipe I found.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
Fresh Pineapple Topping
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- Marinate the chicken for 4 hours; remove and save marinade.
- Put chicken on baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, basting often.
- Put the fresh pineapple and rest of ingredients in saucepan and simmer on low for 1 hour. Serve over chicken.
Too sweet for my taste, however, DH and DS are RAVING OVER IT RIGHT NOW! Made brown and white rice with tiny diced veggies in it and made a frozen veg mix.. I DID use only 3 Tbsp butter and 1/4 cup sugar AND, I did thicken it up a bit with a cornstarch slurry. THANKS.. good repeat dish!
Made this for my 86 yr old Father who is a picky eater. Also made brown rice as a side. I spooned the sauce on the chicken and the rice. He said the pineapple sauce made the chicken breast and rice worth eating. That's the closest I am ever coming to getting a compliment from him :)
I made this a couple of weeks ago & we loved it. I told my daughter about it & she said she wants to make it now, too. I wouldn't change a thing in the recipe, which is unusual for me.